Fun Facts About Birds
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fun Pet Facts and other Pet Health topics.
What are some facts about bird health?
Are you thinking about adopting a pet bird? Do you already have one and need some more information? Read these fun facts about pet birds and you'll have a greater appreciation for your avian companion.
- There are over 300 species of parrots in the world.
- There are anywhere between one and two billion living birds on the planet.
- Some birds live much longer than dogs or cats
- The chicken is the most common bird on the planet.
- It is believed that birds have evolved from dinosaurs.
- 40 million Americans own pet birds.
- A bird's feathers weigh more than its skeleton.
- One important fact is that birds typically try to hide any injuries they might have. Be on the look out for:Swollen or closed eyes, diarrhea, or wheezing or clicking sounds.
Take your bird to a veterinarian immediately if your pet exhibits any of these signs. For more information about pet bird insurance, visit VPI Pet Insurance.