Safe Toys for Cats
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Safe Pet Toys and other Pet Health topics.
What are some safe toys for cats?
Giving your cat safe pet toys will help him fight boredom and exercise his instincts. A safe toy can help you and your cat develop a stronger bond. Here are some tips on what to look for in safe cat toys:
- No matter how safe a toy you buy your cat, if you do not first cat-proof your home your efforts will be futile. Make sure to remove any loose yarn, dental floss, ribbons, marbles and other loose items around the house that could be swallowed.
- Toys should be machine washable and safe for children under three years old. Toys with beaded fillings can be dangerous if your cat chews through them.
- Soft stuffed animals that are free of detachable parts or glass eyes can be safe and enticing for cats.
- Toys filled with catnip are safe, fun and non-addictive.
- Ping pong balls and practice golf balls with holes are easy for cats to bat around the house.
It's a good idea to rotate your cat's toys every few weeks to keep him stimulated. If your cat has a favorite, it's a good idea to keep that one out all the time. To learn more about pet insurance and how to compare pet insurance prices, visit VPI Pet Insurance.