January 22, 2010, Newsletter Issue #53: Are Poinsettia Plants Poisonous to Pets?

Tip of the Week

You love poinsettias, but you're worried about the safety of your four legged friends. Are these plants poisonous to pets or could you have one in your home during the holiday season?

Actually, while Poinsettias are a bit poisonous, they aren't fatally so. The sap is itchy and your pet may vomit after eating a leaf, but it won't die from chewing on or licking the plant. Of course, you don't want your pet to get even a little ill when you make your house more festive for the holidays, so you'll want to be sure to put the plant out of reach.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Pet Health Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Shirley Crone